Welcome to my friends corner. Here you will find some very inspiring, fellow crochet minded friends :)
If you wish to be featured on my page, please don't hesitate to contact me!
- Lisa Cook (@lisasattik) - If you are looking for the prettiest shawl designs or even the prettiest hand dyed yarn to make the shawl with, then I cannot recommend Lisa enough. She has designed so many amazing shawls, most of which I've actually made for myself. They are such beautiful, stunning and incredibly detailed designs ranging from triangular shawls, asymmetrical shawls and even shawls made on the bias. Each of her patterns are very clearly written, easy to follow and come with their own charts. I've also had the pleasure of using some of Lisa's hand dyed yarn, the colours were so vibrant and the yarn was such a joy to work with. Check out her Etsy shop for her range of yarns. Lastly, I'd like to mention Lisa's published book - Delicious Crochet Shawls. I was incredibly privileged to receive a copy for review and be part of a blog tour on Instagram. In this book you will find 21 different shawl designs all inspired by yummy sweet treats - each including a full written pattern plus colour charts and include patterns suitable for all skill levels. So whether you are a beginner and prefer simple stitches or a more advanced crocheter who prefers something a little more detailed with intricate stitches, you will be spoilt for choice. Best of all, each pattern is so versatile, you don't have to use the suggested yarn. It is explained in detail the yarn weight and amount you need for each pattern so you can easily convert this into your favourite yarn brand! I've made the Cafe Latte shawl using James C Brett DK with Merino and then I made a second using Robin Paintbox DK. I've also made the Tutti-Frutti shawl using Stylecraft special DK and I plan on making the Gooseberry Fool using Scheepjes Eliza aran yarn - see very versatile ;)!!! (for pictures see my Instagram page.) Click on Lisa's name and check out her page with links to her book, I promise you wont be disappointed.
- BluestarCrochet Veronika is a crochet designer who writes and publishes her own beautiful patterns ranging from shawls, cardigans, accessories and more! She also sells some amazing crochet kits and her latest release is the Autumn Accessories Crochet Kit - including 3 beautiful patterns, a skein of hand dyed Merino yarn, buttons and more! I have been kindly sent a kit to try out myself and it really is amazing! Click on the name to be sent to Veronika's shop and see for yourself! Plus, for my lovely readers, I have a special 10% discount code off the kit - just for you! Use the code HOOKERRY10 at the checkout. Enjoy! :)
- Miffy/StitchandStory - review coming soon
- WithMyHandz yarn shop - review coming soon
- Louisa Green - who happens to live a few minutes away from me here in Truro, Cornwall. We've never actually met but we definitely share our love of crochet. Louisa has some lovely free patterns and if you've ever wondered what a schoodie is then click on her name to find out more. Her blog - A Little Bit Of Lou, Confessions of a Crochet Addict is definitely a very interesting read.
- BusyButterflyMakes Lovely Victoria who specialises in internal door wreaths, dream catchers and personalised crochet hearts in a frame. Her handmade items are so pretty and sure to brighten up any home. Click on her name to be taken to her Etsy shop.